Portrait/landscape exploration

 Recently I’ve been interested in getting more confident with my portrait photography skills so I feel comfortable offering my services for events like wedding and big events. This past week I took my sister and her best friend to the Ringling arts museum because of its good scenery for portrait photos. They happened to want senior photos too so it worked out great. Some things i wanted to figure out were what angles in relation to the light would come out best. The main difference I found was that when back lit it brought a lot more softness to the images and sometimes some cool glare affects. Front lit brought full clarity but even though that’s what most people shoot for I found that I don’t prefer it over back lit photos because I like the accidental surprises that the light can bring. I also experimented when editing with color editing, to bring out more vibrance. An example of this is the photos including the pink magnolia tree.

Also included are some landscape photos of the beach and a little experimenting with photoshopping the scene. Always really liked photos of space and images that make it seem like it’s from the perspective of a different planet.














Comments

Popular Posts