Advanced New Media Project Proposal

 



  The plan for my self-designed spring term project is to continue an idea I developed in intermediate new media. This idea consists of the expression of how being an athlete shapes one’s identity but should not define it. So far, I have examined on a grander scale how the top professional athletes tend to be advertised in such a dramatized manner that it inadvertently diminishes the other qualities, abilities and rights these human beings have. For this project though I will focus on athletes from more of a micro level, creating a documentary style film that highlights the ways sport shapes a person’s identity from a young age. Having this focus, I believe will help emphasis the great impact of sport as more than just a sport on a developing person and how the early life lessons add a very important layer to their identity.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing this. I think looking into a person's development in athletics can really point towards how they interpret and understand things outside their field of expertise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts