My mentor.

By: Tanner Morris


        After getting into graphic design I started noticing it more on social media, in ad campaigns, on album covers, on TV, etc. This is when I came across an artist who goes by the name of pvtso on Instagram. His work instantly intrigued me for a couple reasons, one being the craftsmanship/style behind his art and the other being the topics. All of his graphics are extremely conceptual; some  appear to mimic an old poster, album cover, or CD you might have laying around that’s been creased and worn down.
PVTSO
They all present stories through design elements like this, which is what I appreciate the most because storytelling is what truly captivates your viewer. The topics consist of sport and hip hop culture which are also a common interest of mine so it’s cool to see his views of something I’m familiar with. As any artist does and as Baudrillard states I take his visible past (works) to thus inspire my own.
PVTSO

PVTSO
By me



Comments

  1. I agree, the story is what captivates and audience. It's similar to how many people 'steal like an artist'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts