Simulations 59-75

By: Tanner Morris

      What I got from this section is that Baudrillard believes the advancement of nuclear weapons are not intended for mass destruction but rather for respect from the masses. As he states, “Atomic war, like Troy, will not take place. The risk of nuclear atomization only serves as a pretext, through the sophistication of arms”. He notes it as a power move for countries, referring to those in possession of these weapons as being in the “atomic club”. This power is the control of threat, which is something ingrained in humans as we are brought up. We learn as kid’s that we shall not challenge authority due to the power they have over us. Nuclear weapons have simply become markers of authority. Do I think this is necessary? I believe that it has become necessary through our history of selfishness and fear of being lesser than another. But I wish that wasn’t the case.

https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/debate-over-bomb-annotated-bibliography
As far as my project goes I’m spending a lot of time trying to incorporate aspects of how corporations manipulate a persons persona into my works to highlight the affects on the person being presented.

Comments

Popular Posts