Simulations 115-152

By: Tanner Morris
 
   Congrats to everybody for making it to the end of this wild book and an even wilder term. One thing that Baudrillard leaves us with is his perception of art. On pages 151-152 he states that: “Art is every where, since artifice is at the very heart of reality”. His statement relates art to the term “artifice” which by definition is a, “clever or cunning device, especially used to trick or deceive others”. I believe there’s truth in this statement for the fact that deception is at the heart of our reality and that’s what this class a long with Baudrillard’s philosophies have made me most aware of. I’m even more perceptive of the medias portrayal of our reality and curious about their agendas. Especially in a time like this where people are being called upon to change and have empathy, it’s alarming to see the different ways the media try’s to pass on this message or try’s to stray away from it. What I’ve taken away from this course is to be more critical of what I perceive for the fact that what I accept to be true right or wrong shapes who I am.

Comments

Popular Posts