Kertész career and how it emphasizes the presence of a narrative behind his photography made me want to go through my archive of photos to uncover a potential narrative or biography of my own. What I’ve noticed most emphatically is the presence of experimentation. Being a young photo enthusiast that is to be expected, as ever since my first real attempts at photography from middle school I was playing with every after effect/edit i had available to me. Now that I’m simply becoming a better artist I have more tools in my tool box to add to my photos to create mixed media pieces. 

     The excerpt where it’s mentioning Kertész motif to express his place in cities through his photographs stood out to me. This is because one of my favorite things to do is to travel to down town Tampa to take photos because of all that’s constantly going on. It’s quite a change of pace for me so it’s refreshing. I always feel small and almost like a complete bystander when I’m there because I’ve grown up in pretty small towns throughout my life. Given this I decided to take a trip downtown and take photos that make the viewer feel that same smallness.





Comments

Popular Posts