My take on street photography



 This was one of my favorite chapters from The Critical Eye because I felt like I could relate to it the most. I’ve always liked capturing public moments no matter how  mundane If the image seemed it would be visually pleasing. When traveling out of my town I also like try and create more political works as Ernest Cole has done. I believe work like his is crucial for the eyes of people outside of that environment so they can be aware of other people’s circumstances. Because the images are being shared through magazines and platforms that are mainly available to those more fortunate I believe it helps those people become more empathetic. The permanence created with these photos I believe is also important because it helps keep track of the poor parts of history that we don’t want to repeat. Overall street photography is so culturally rich that I believe it’s one of the most if not the most influential and captivating form of photo making. 

Here are some of my favorite street photos:












Comments

Popular Posts